Dominion Investment Group is seeking a driven individual, working or looking to work in an industry with unlimited growth potential. We are a growing network of financial professionals who connect consumers and businesses in their communities with financial services and products to help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. Our fundamental belief is the importance of trusted financial professional relationships to help our clients understand that we strive to be the leading choice for people who seek a financial professional.
Our commitment begins and ends with our customers’ needs, goals, and aspirations. We are long-term strategists who emphasize guidance, technology and performance to deliver customized strategies to consumers. Our customer-centric focus demands that we seek to meet individual needs on a one-on-one basis.
POSITION: Financial Consultant--Helps clients accomplish financial objectives by assessing financial situation; developing and presenting financial strategies and plans; monitoring changes in financial status and life circumstances.
- Build and maintain client base, keep client plans up-to-date and acquire new clients on an ongoing basis
- Markets services by asking for referrals from current clients; meeting prospects at community functions; responding to inquiries; developing promotions; presenting financial planning seminars.
- Assesses clients' financial situation by gathering information regarding investments, asset allocation, savings, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning; evaluating risk tolerance.
- Develops financial strategies by guiding client to establish financial goals; matching goals to situation with appropriate financial plans.
- Obtains clients' commitment by explaining proposed financial plans and options; explaining advantages and risks; providing explanations; alleviating concerns; answering questions.
- Monitors clients' financial situation by tracking changes in wealth and life circumstances; analyzing financial plan results; identifying and evaluating new financial strategies; recommending changes in goals and plans.
- Provides financial management information by preparing financial status analyses and reports.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking financial markets, general economic conditions, and new financial products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional and technical publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Results-driven, highly motivated, self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and the desire to help others plan for and protect their financial futures.
- Team player who possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities, with a high degree of self-confidence.
- Ability to draw upon past/present experiences and acquaintances to develop markets and build upon them to sustain long-term relationships.
The following are not required, but are a plus: Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Operations, Financial Planning and Strategy, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Selling to Customer Needs, Informing Others, Financial Licenses, Analyzing Information , Business Knowledge